How To Take This Class:
In this Xcelsius Training course, students will use Xcelsius Present to create interactive visualizations for presenting complex data in a simple way, and to conduct analysis to make critical decisions. Students will also create complete dashboards that present business, project, and human resources information, all consolidated and presented in a user-friendly manner. Finally, students will publish dashboards into various file formats such as Adobe Flash, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, and also to the web.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore the Xcelsius workspace and an already created dashboard.
- Create simple visualizations.
- Conduct data analysis using Xcelsius components that give dynamic functionality to the specified data.
- Create a Project Management dashboard.
- Create a dashboard to consolidate and present the Human Resources information of an organization.
- Finalize dashboards and export them to different file formats.
This course is designed for professionals who conduct data analysis and need to present robust and timely data in an interactive display.
Some experience with Microsoft Excel is recommended.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Xcelsius
- Topic 1A: Explore the Xcelsius Interface
- Topic 1B: Explore a Dashboard
- Topic 2A: Create a Simple Xcelsius Chart
- Topic 2B: Manage Personal Finance Using Value Box
- Topic 2C: Organize Levels of Information Using Filters
- Topic 2D: Conduct a Comparative Study Using List Builder and Line Chart
- Topic 3A: Conduct Trend Analysis Using Combo Box
- Topic 3B: Conduct Demand Analysis Using Label Based Menu
- Topic 3C: Conduct a Region Based Demand Analysis Using Maps
- Topic 3D: Forecast Revenue Using Sliders and Gauge
- Topic 4A: Drill Down the Status of Current Projects Using the Drill Down Function
- Topic 4B: Analyze Resource Efficiency Using Fisheye Picture Menu and Other Tools
- Topic 4C: Analyze Resource Utilization Using Combination Chart
- Topic 5A: Create an Organization Dashboard Using Organization Chart
- Topic 5B: Conduct Attrition Analysis
- Topic 6A: Create a Snapshot
- Topic 6B: Publish Dashboards