Tableau Accelerated Training
This Course Covers Version(s): Tableau 2022.1
- Live Class with Instructor
- Digital Course Manual
- Hands-on Labs
- One Year Access to Recorded Course
A fast-paced three day course covering fundamental and intermediate Tableau topics. This course provides comprehensive Tableau training for students who thrive in a swiftly moving class and prefer to come up to speed on new technology quickly. Tableau Accelerated teaches concepts, techniques, and shortcuts to create Tableau data visualization competency in the shortest amount of time possible.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Connect to data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Prep your data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using data blending.
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks
While there are no prerequisites for this course, the rapid pace of this class favors those students who learn new concepts quickly, or have previous experience with data analysis and business intelligence.
This course provides comprehensive Tableau training for students who thrive in a swiftly moving class and prefer to come up to speed on new technology quickly. The course teaches concepts, techniques, and shortcuts to create Tableau data visualization competency in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Connecting to data
- Simplifying and sorting your data
- Organizing your data
- Slicing your data by date
- Using multiple measures in a view
- Showing the relationship between numerical values
- Viewing specific values
- Working with single data sources
- Using multiple data sources
- Customizing your data
- Using calculations in Tableau
- Analyzing data with quick table calculations
- Advanced table calculations
- Highlighting data with reference lines
- Creating and using parameters
- Mapping data geographically
- Showing breakdowns of the whole
- Comparing measures against a goal
- Defining subsets of your data
- Viewing distributions
- Statistics and forecasting
- Making your views available
- For Private Groups as small as 2 people.
- Live, Instructor-led Online or Onsite Class for your group.
- Customizable to your needs.