SQL Querying Introduction Training
This Course Covers Version(s): N/A
- Live Class with Instructor
- Digital Course Manual
- Hands-on Labs
- One Year Access to Recorded Course
In this SQL Querying Introduction Training course, students will learn the basics of retrieving data from a database using Structured Query Language (SQL.) Students will also learn how to sort, filter and group data in a query result. In addition this course shows students how to join tables in a SQL statement and how to use basic SQL functions.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query
- Include a search condition in a simple query
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data
- Organize data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen
- Retrieve data from tables
- Format an output, save a result, and generate a report
Basic end-user computer skills and some familiarity with database terminology and structure are required.
This course is intended for students with basic computer skills who are familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology and want to use SQL to query databases.
- Executing a Simple Query
- Connect to the SQL Database
- Query a Database
- Save a Query
- Modify a Query
- Execute a Saved Query
- Performing a Conditional Search
- Search Using a Simple Condition
- Compare Column Values
- Search Using Multiple Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
- Retrieve Data Based on Patterns
- Working with Functions
- Perform Date Calculations
- Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
- Manipulate String Values
- Organizing Data
- Sort Data
- Rank Data
- Group Data
- Filter Grouped Data
- Summarize Grouped Data
- Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
- Retrieving Data from Tables
- Combine Results of Two Queries
- Compare the Results of Two Queries
- Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
- Check for Unmatched Records
- Retrieve Information from a Single Table Using Joins
- Presenting Query Results
- Save the Query Result
- Generate an XML Report
This course does not align to a specific exam or certification.
- For Private Groups as small as 2 people.
- Live, Instructor-led Online or Onsite Class for your group.
- Customizable to your needs.