In this Tableau Fundamentals Training course, students will begin by learning how to prepare their data for use in Tableau. They will then go on to learn how to create Data Visualizations and Dashboards in Tableau. Students will also learn how to create custom visualizations and geographic maps in Tableau. Finally students will learn about the various ways to distribute their dashboards and visualizations This course is designed for students who are either new to Tableau or have some experience and want to expand their skill set. This course is based on Tableau Desktop 2022.1
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface/paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
- Build dashboards to share visualizations.
- Use Cross Tabs
- Use Pie and bar charts
- Use Geographic maps
- Use Dual axis and combo charts with different mark types
- Use Heat maps
- Use Highlight tables
- Use Treemaps
- Use Scatter plots
This course is designed for students who are either new to Tableau or have some experience and want to expand their skill set. This course can also be used to prepare for the Tableau® Desktop Specialist certification, which requires candidates to pass the Desktop Specialist exam.
- Connecting to data
- Simplifying and sorting your data
- Organizing your data
- Slicing your data by date
- Using multiple measures in a view
- Showing the relationship between numerical values
- Mapping data geographically
- Viewing specific values
- Customizing your data
- Analyzing data with quick table calculations
- Showing breakdowns of the whole
- Highlighting data with reference lines
- Making your views available
- For Private Groups as small as 2 people.
- Live, Instructor-led Online or Onsite Class for your group.
- Customizable to your needs.