This Introduction to Python course is designed to bring complete beginners or experienced developers up to speed on Python’s capabilities, setting up students for success in using Python for their specific field of expertise. Whether you have never programmed before, already know basic syntax, or want to learn about the advanced features of Python, this course is for you. In this course we will teach you Python 3. Learn how to use Python for real-world tasks, such as working with PDF Files, sending emails, reading Excel files, scraping websites for information, working with image files, and much more!
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Leverage the power of Python to solve tasks.
- Build games and programs that use Python libraries.
- Use Python for your own work problems or personal projects.
- Create a portfolio of Python based projects you can share.
- Use Python professionally, learning both Python 2 and Python 3.
- Create games with Python, like Tic Tac Toe and Blackjack.
- Use advanced Python features, like the collections module and how to work with timestamps.
- Use Object Oriented Programming with classes.
- Understand complex topics, like decorators.
- Understand how to use both the Jupyter Notebook and create .py files.
- Understand how to create GUIs in the Jupyter Notebook system.
Some familiarity with a programming language is helpful in this course.
This course is for complete beginners who have never programmed before to experienced developers coming from another programming language.
- Command Line Basics
- Python System Setup
- Jupyter Notebooks
- Python Data Types
- Key Data Structures
- Logic and Control Flow
- Object Oriented Programming
- File I/O
- Automation of Tasks
- Web Scraping
- Graphical User Interfaces
This course does not align to a specific exam or certification.
- For Private Groups as small as 2 people.
- Live, Instructor-led Online or Onsite Class for your group.
- Customizable to your needs.