In this Advanced Interpersonal Communication Training course students learn how to build positive relationships, provide positive and constructive feedback in a business setting, identify the guidelines for communicating with colleagues, respond to customer’s complaints, and identify the ways in which managers can build a positive culture.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the elements that influence first impressions, build rapport and establish credibility with others, and build positive relationships.
- Use paraphrasing effectively and provide positive and constructive feedback in a business setting.
- Identify the guidelines for communicating with colleagues, take appropriate steps to apologize to a subordinate, and use appropriate tactics to refuse a subordinate’s request.
- Respond to customers’ complaints and identify a proper way to reject a vendor’s contract without rejecting the vendor.
- Determine the nature of an organization’s culture, use the cultural network to your advantage and identify the characteristics of the roles exhibited in a cultural network, select the elements of physical culture that affect interpersonal communication, and identify the ways in which managers can build a positive culture.
This course is designed for individuals who are seeking to improve their interpersonal communication skills with peers, supervisors and customers.
- Communication styles and methods
- Communication styles
- Verbal and nonverbal communication
- First impressions and building rapport
- The importance of first impressions
- Communicating to build rapport
- Building positive relationships
- Building relationships through feedback
- The importance of providing feedback
- Providing feedback
- Understanding supervisor styles
- Handling human resource issues
- Colleagues and subordinates
- Communicating with colleagues
- Communicating with subordinates
- Customers and vendors
- Communicating with customers
- Communicating with vendors
- Organizational culture
- Understanding organizational cultures
- Cultural networks
- Managing physical culture
- Managing emotional culture
This course does not align to a specific exam or certification.
- For Private Groups as small as 2 people.
- Live, Instructor-led Online or Onsite Class for your group.
- Customizable to your needs.