SkillForge Computer Science Minority Scholarship
SkillForge’s scholarship program aims to support the idea that careers in technology should be available to everyone. Although 70% of black and Hispanic teens recently surveyed expressed at least some enthusiasm for a career in the IT field, students who are economically or socially disadvantaged are severely under-represented in those graduating with Computer Science or other related degrees. And they are even further under-represented at major tech companies. The very companies that sell the products that most of them carry around with them every day. We think that needs to change.
Our scholarship program aims to facilitate the entrance of diverse and/or economically or socially disadvantaged students into college and the Information Technology professions.
SkillForge will award $500 each year to a selected student pursuing a degree in Information Systems or Computer Science.
Scholarship Criteria and Eligibility
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a four-year institution in the United States.
- Applicants must have a B average or better (on equivalent scale.)
- At graduation, applicants plan to receive a BS, MS or PhD in a Computer Science or Information Technology Discipline.
- Applicants must consider themselves to be Black, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American, Alaskan or Hispanic.
- Applicants must have tuition expenses not covered by scholarships/grants (excluding loans.)
Please review all of the required items below before beginning your application. Applications must be received by April 15th, 2023. The recipient of the scholarship will be notified by May 1, 2023. If you do not hear from us by that date, this will indicate you have not been awarded the scholarship.
Thank you for interest and best of luck!