Advanced Tableau Training
Course Duration: 2 Days
This Course Covers Version(s): Tableau Desktop 2020.2
Available Delivery Methods
In this Advanced Tableau Training course, students will go beyond the basics of Tableau to learn about creating complex joins between data, using functions and creating table calculations, extending Tableau's mapping capabilities and performing statistical analysis and forecasting in Tableau. Students will also learn how to enhance visualizations using Tooltips and Dashboard Actions.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Blend data to visualize relationships.
- Join data.
- Access data in PDFs.
- Refine visualizations with sets and parameters.
- Manipulate data with calculations.
- Visualize data with advanced calculations.
- Perform statistical analysis and forecasting.
- Enrich visualizations, dashboards, and maps.
- Blending Data to Visualize Relationships
- How to Blend Data from Multiple Sources
- Relationships in Blended Data
- Primary and Secondary Data Sources
- Troubleshoot and Refine Data Blends
- How to Handle Null Values
- How to Create Joins in Tableau
- Understanding Integrated Data Sources
- Inner Joins, Right Joins, Left Joins and Outer Joins
- Cross-Database Joins
- Troubleshoot Joins
- Fixing Broken Joins
- Guidelines for Using Data Blends vs. Joins
- Merge Data with Unions
- Connect to PDFs
- Merge Tables and Span Multiple Pages with Unions
- Clean Up and Organize PDF Data
- Data Source Filters
- Create Sets
- Create Calculated Members
- Create Sets from Marks
- Analyze Data with Sets
- Apply Parameters to Data to Refine Visualizations
- Create Calculated Fields
- Calculated Field Syntax
- Manipulate Data with Functions
- Analyze Data with Table Calculations
- Create Groups and Bins with Calculations
- Analyze Data with LOD (Level of Detail) Expressions
- LOD Syntax
- LOD Keywords
- Nested LOD Expressions
- Perform Statistical Analysis
- Using Standard Deviation
- Using Trend Line Analysis
- Forecast Data Trends
- Customize Mapped Data
- Custom Geocoding
- Mapping with Background Images
- Enhance Visualizations with Tooltips
- Using Actions in Tableau
Students should have taken, or be familiar with the topics covered in the following course: