Data Analysis and Visualization with Excel
This Course Covers Version(s): Excel 2019, Office 365
- Live Class with Instructor
- Digital Course Manual
- Hands-on Labs
- One Year Access to Recorded Course
Analyzing data to find issues, insights, and opportunities is now a critical part of many job roles. Beyond the analysis, data analysts in all job roles must be able to effectively present and communicate their findings in visually compelling ways. Microsoft® Excel® is designed for this purpose. These capabilities enable people who use Excel for data analysis to turn data into thoughtful action. In this Excel Data Analysis and Visualization Training course, students will learn how to connect to a wide range of data sources, perform data analysis, create diverse and robust data-based visualizations to show insights and trends, and create reports.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Perform data analysis fundamentals.
- Visualize data with Excel.
- Analyze data with formulas and functions.
- Analyze data with PivotTables.
- Present visual insights with dashboards in Excel.
- Create geospatial visualization with Excel.
- Perform statistical analysis.
- Query and transform data.
- Model and analyze data with Power Pivot.
- Present insights with reports.
Some experience using Excel for basic worksheet creation is helpful in this course.
This course is designed for students who already have foundational knowledge and skills in Excel and who wish to perform robust and advanced data and statistical analysis with Microsoft Excel using PivotTables, use tools such as Power Pivot and the Data Analysis ToolPak to analyze data, and visualize data and insights using advanced visualizations in charts and dashboards in Excel.
- Data Analysis Fundamentals
- Introduction to Data Science
- Create and Modify Tables
- Sort and Filter Data
- Visualizing Data with Excel
- Visualize Data with Charts
- Modify and Format Charts
- Apply Best Practices in Chart Design
- Analyzing Data with Formulas and Functions
- Analyze Data with Formulas and Named Ranges
- Analyze Data with Functions
- Implement Data Validation, Forms, and Controls
- Create Conditional Visualizations with Lookup Functions
- Analyzing Data with PivotTables
- Create a PivotTable
- Analyze PivotTable Data
- Presenting Visual Insights with Dashboards in Excel
- Visualize Data with PivotCharts
- Filter Data Using Slicers and Timelines
- Create a Dashboard in Excel
- Creating Geospatial Visualizations with Excel
- Create Map Charts in Excel
- Customize Map Charts in Excel
- Performing Statistical Analysis
- Visualize Trendlines and Sparklines with Excel
- Analyze Data with the Data Analysis ToolPak
- Getting and Transforming Data
- Connect to Data with Queries
- Clean and Combine Data
- Shape and Transform Data
- Modeling and Analyzing Data with Power Pivot
- Install Power Pivot in Excel
- Create Data Models with Power Pivot
- Create Power Pivots
- Perform Advanced Data Analysis and Visualization
- Presenting Insights with Reports
- Plan a Report
- Create a Report
This course does not align to a specific exam or certification.
- For Private Groups as small as 2 people.
- Live, Instructor-led Online or Onsite Class for your group.
- Customizable to your needs.