Microsoft SharePoint Site Owner Training
This Course Covers Version(s): Microsoft SharePoint 2019 or SharePoint Online
- Live Class with Instructor
- Digital Course Manual
- Hands-on Labs
- One Year Access to Recorded Course
In this SharePoint Site Owner Training course, students will learn how to create, configure, and manage a SharePoint team site so that their team or organization can share information and collaborate effectively. Students will learn how to implement SharePoint sites, features, and content structures properly so that users will be able to securely share files, collaborate on documents, and access information they need to work with their colleagues more effectively. By default, SharePoint provides end users with a generous set of permissions, enabling users to create and customize their own sites as site owners, and create and collaborate on team site content. Users who have grown comfortable with these fundamental content-authoring capabilities may want to move on to more advanced features, such as connecting multiple SharePoint sites through a hub, importing list data from external sources, implementing user input validation features, applying conditional formatting, and using Power Apps® to provide custom user interfaces for data collected in SharePoint. This course focuses on issues related to planning and implementing an intranet with multiple communication sites and team sites interconnected through a hub site to provide unified navigation search, and formatting.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and create a SharePoint-based multi-site intranet, including team and communication sites.
- Associate multiple sites with a hub site to provide unified navigation, search, and theme.
- Use advanced SharePoint features to manage content creation in lists and libraries, including custom page templates and various methods to import data.
- Configure lists with various input validation features to improve the quality of data entry and presentation.
- Use Power Apps Studio to create a custom user interface for entering data in a SharePoint list.
Students should have basic SharePoint site user skills such as the ability to access and use lists, libraries, and documents on a typical SharePoint team site.
This course is designed for students who need to create and manage a SharePoint team or communication site in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2019.
- Setting Up a Multi-Site Intranet
- Plan Your Organization’s Intranet
- Create and Configure SharePoint Sites
- Create a Hub to Connect Multiple Sites
- Apply a Site Template
- Change Site Themes and Navigation
- Create Custom Page Layouts
- Manage Library Files
- Manage List Data
- Limit What Users Can Enter
- Create Calculated Columns
- Use Formulas to Validate Entered Data
- Create a Power Apps Application
- Modify an App
This course does not align to a specific exam or certification.
- For Private Groups as small as 2 people.
- Live, Instructor-led Online or Onsite Class for your group.
- Customizable to your needs.