Microsoft Word Introduction Training
This Course Covers Version(s): Word 2016, 2019 and Office 365
Available Delivery Methods
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
- GETTING STARTED WITH WORD
- Navigate in Microsoft Word
- Create and Save Word Documents
- Edit Documents
- Work with Word Online
- Apply Character Formatting
- Control Paragraph Layout
- Align Text Using Tabs
- Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
- Apply Borders and Shading
- Make Repetitive Edits
- Apply Repetitive Formatting
- Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
- Customize the Word Environment
- Sort a List
- Format a List
- Insert a Table
- Modify a Table
- Format a Table
- Convert Text to a Table
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Add Images to a Document
- Apply a Page Border and Color
- Add Headers and Footers
- Control Page Layout
- Add a Watermark
- Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
- Preview and Print Documents
- Use Research Tools
- Check Accessibility
- Save a Document to Other Formats
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start and close applications, navigate basic file structures, manage files and folders, and access websites using a web browser.