Microsoft Word Introduction Training
This Course Covers Version(s):
Word 2016, 2019 and Office 365
- Live Class with Instructor
- Digital Course Manual
- Hands-on Labs
- One Year Access to Recorded Course
In this Microsoft Word Introduction Training course, you’ll learn how to use Word on the desktop to create and edit simple documents, format documents, add tables and lists, add design elements and layout options, and proof documents. This course also helps prepare students interested in the Microsoft Office Specialist Program for the Word Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-100 and Word Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-101 certification exams.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start and close applications, navigate basic file structures, manage files and folders, and access websites using a web browser.
This course is intended for those with a basic understanding of Microsoft® Windows® and who need to learn basic Word skills, such as creating, editing, and formatting documents; inserting simple tables and creating lists; and employing a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content.
- GETTING STARTED WITH WORD
- Navigate in Microsoft Word
- Create and Save Word Documents
- Edit Documents
- Work with Word Online
- FORMATTING TEXT AND PARAGRAPHS
- Apply Character Formatting
- Control Paragraph Layout
- Align Text Using Tabs
- Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
- Apply Borders and Shading
- WORKING MORE EFFICIENTLY
- Make Repetitive Edits
- Apply Repetitive Formatting
- Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
- Customize the Word Environment
- MANAGING LISTS
- Sort a List
- Format a List
- ADDING TABLES
- Insert a Table
- Modify a Table
- Format a Table
- Convert Text to a Table
- INSERTING GRAPHIC OBJECTS
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Add Images to a Document
- CONTROLLING PAGE APPEARANCE
- Apply a Page Border and Color
- Add Headers and Footers
- Control Page Layout
- Add a Watermark
- PREPARING TO PUBLISH A DOCUMENT
- Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
- Preview and Print Documents
- Use Research Tools
- Check Accessibility
- Save a Document to Other Formats
This course helps students prepare for the following exam:
Exam MO-100: Microsoft Word (Word and Word 2019)
Exam MO-101: Microsoft Word Expert (Word and Word 2019)
- For Private Groups as small as 2 people.
- Live, Instructor-led Online or Onsite Class for your group.
- Customizable to your needs.