Microsoft Power BI was built to connect to a wide range of data sources, and allows users to quickly create visualizations of connected data to gain insights, show trends, and create reports. Power BI’s data connection capabilities and visualization features go far beyond those that can be found in spreadsheets, allowing users to create compelling and interactive worksheets, dashboards, and stories that bring data to life and turn data into thoughtful action. In this Microsoft Power BI Training course, students will learn how to use Power BI to create rich, responsive dashboards and reports that will enable their organization to more quickly and efficiently analyze data and trends.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze data with self-service BI.
- Connect to data sources.
- Perform advanced data modeling and shaping.
- Visualize data with Power BI.
- Enhance data analysis.
- Model data with calculations.
- Create interactive visualizations.
Students should be familiar with managing data in a worksheet program like Microsoft Excel.
This training course is intended for Business Managers, Report Developers, Analysts, Project Managers and Team Leads and anyone else who wants to learn to use Power BI to create reports and dashboards.
- Analyzing Data with Self-Service BI
- Data Analysis and Visualization for Business Intelligence
- Self-Service BI with Microsoft Power BI
- Connecting to Data
- Create Data Connections
- Model Data with Relationships
- Save Power BI Files
- Performing Advanced Data Modeling and Shaping
- Clean and Transform Data with the Query Editor
- Shape Data with the Query Editor
- Combine and Manage Data Rows
- Visualizing Data with Power BI
- Create Visualizations in Power BI
- Chart Data in Power BI
- Enhancing Data Analysis
- Enhance Analysis with Customized Visuals and Pages
- Enhance Analysis with Tooltips
- Modeling Data with Calculations
- Create Calculations with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Create Calculated Measures and Conditional Columns
- Creating Interactive Visualizations
- Create and Manage Data Hierarchies
- Filter and Slice Reports
- Create Dashboards in Power BI
This course helps students prepare for the following exam:
This course can also help students prepare for the Microsoft Certification Exam:70-778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI
- For Private Groups as small as 2 people.
- Live, Instructor-led Online or Onsite Class for your group.
- Customizable to your needs.