Microsoft Excel Intermediate Training
This Course Covers Version(s): Microsoft Excel versions 2013, 2016 and 2019 and Office 365 (Does not cover Excel for Mac OS)
- Live Class with Instructor
- Digital Course Manual
- Hands-on Labs
- One Year Access to Recorded Course
In this Microsoft Excel Intermediate Training class, students will learn how to build on their Excel skills by using named ranges in Excel, inserting Excel Functions such as IF and SUMIF, using comparison operators such as AND, OR and NOT and using Date Functions such as DATE and NOW. In addition, students will see how to manipulate text using Text Functions like UPPER, LOWER and CONCATENATE. Students will also learn about using Lists in Excel and sorting and filtering data in lists. Students will be exposed to Database functions such as DSUM and how to work with and format tables in Excel. Modifying and formatting Charts in Excel will also be explored in this course. And, finally, students will learn how to analyze date using PivotTables, PivotCharts, Timelines and Slicers.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use Logical, Date and Text functions.
- Use Lists to Sort, Filter and Query Data.
- Analyze data using Tables.
- Visualize data with charts.
- Use PivotTables and PivotCharts.
- Filter data using Timelines and Slicers.
Students should have familiarity with the topics covered in (or have already attended) the Microsoft Excel Introduction Training course.
This course is designed for students who already are already familiar with completing basic tasks in Excel expand their knowledge using functions, PivotTables, Slicers and Timelines.
- Using Excel Functions
- Understanding Ranges
- Using Logical Functions: IF(), SUMIF(), COUNTIF(), AVERAGEIF(), AND, OR, NOT
- Using Date & Time Functions: TODAY(), NOW(), DATE(), WEEKDAY()
- Using Text Functions: LEFT(), RIGHT(), MID(), FIND()
- Using Lists to Analyze Data
- Sorting Data
- Filtering Data
- Querying Data with Database Functions
- Outlining and Subtotaling Data
- Using Tables to Analyze Data
- How to Create and Modify Tables
- Using Intermediate Conditional Formatting
- Using Advanced Conditional Formatting
- Using Charts to Visualize Data
- Creating Charts in Excel
- Modify and Format Charts in Excel
- Using Advanced Chart Features
- Using PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Creating a PivotTable in Excel
- Analyzing PivotTable Data
- Visualize Data with PivotCharts
- Filtering Data Using Timelines and Slicers
This course does not align to a specific exam or certification.
- For Private Groups as small as 2 people.
- Live, Instructor-led Online or Onsite Class for your group.
- Customizable to your needs.