Microsoft Access Advanced Training
This Course Covers Version(s): Microsoft Access 2013, 2016, 2019 and Office 365.
- Live Class with Instructor
- Digital Course Manual
- Hands-on Labs
- One Year Access to Recorded Course
In this Microsoft Access Advanced Training Course, students will learn advanced Microsoft Access skills such as how to secure and manage a database, how to design advanced forms and how to split an Access database for a multi-user environment, utilizing a front-end and back-end database. Students will also see how to use Macros in Microsoft Access to automate common tasks and will get an introduction to using VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) to take their automation skills to the next level. This class also covers how to secure an Access Database and how to create a “Switchboard” and set startup options so that users never need to interact with the Access interface. This course prepares Access Power Users to be able to develop full-scale applications.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Customize a form layout to improve usability and efficiency of data entry
- Share data across applications
- Use macros to improve user interface design
- Use VBA to enhance tasks
- Organize data into appropriate tables to ensure data dependency and minimize redundancy
- Lock down and prepare a database for distribution to multiple users
- Create and modify a database switchboard and set the start-up options
Students should be familiar with the topics covered in, or have attended, the Microsoft Access 2016 Introduction Training course prior to attending this course.
This course is designed for students who wish to automate, secure and distribute Microsoft Access database applications.
- Implementing Advanced Form Design
- Add Controls to Forms
- Enhance Navigation and Organization of Forms
- Apply Conditional Formatting
- Sharing Data Across Applications
- Import Data into Access
- Export Access Data
- Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Create a Mail Merge
- Using Macros to Improve User Interface Design
- Create a Macro
- Restrict Records by Using a Condition
- Validate Data by Using a Macro
- Automate Data Entry by Using a Macro
- How to use VBA in Microsoft Access
- Getting Started with VBA
- Enhance Access by Using VBA
- Using Advanced Database Management
- Manage a Database
- Determine Object Dependency
- Document a Database
- Distributing and Securing a Microsoft Access Database
- Splitting a Microsoft Access Database for Multiple-User Access
- Implement Security in an Access Database
- Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Package a Database with a Digital Signature
- Managing Switchboards
- Create a Database Switchboard
- Modify a Database Switchboard
- Set Start-up Options
This course does not align to a specific exam or certification.
- For Private Groups as small as 2 people.
- Live, Instructor-led Online or Onsite Class for your group.
- Customizable to your needs.